Friday, March 29, 2013

My Daughter the Doctor!

 Today I am one proud Momma! She achieved something that she has dreamed of for a long time. Today our baby girl, Katie Stringer, became Dr. Katie Stringer. She has worked hard to get to this point. I can't tell you how proud we are of her
Two things I would like to relate:
#1-when she was about 6 she had to get stitches in her leg. The PA that was stitching her up was freaking out because she wanted to watch him.He was so afraid she would  break his sterile field. He kept telling her she couldn't reach over there. She was as calm as could be, as long as she could see what he was doing. She sure made him sweat though. He said "so, do you want to be a nurse when you grow up?" her reply "nope, I want to be a doctor". At the time, I think she was meaning another  kind of doctor---but there she is 20ish years later--my daughter the doctor -
#2- 3 years ago when she was trying to decide if she wanted to continue to her education and complete her education with a pH.D, or go out in the world and get a job. I remember our conversation so well. She said "but Momma, when I finish I will be nearly 27 years old" and I answered... "you know what? you will probably be almost 27 years old in 3 years whether you go to school or not"
..... and she is and she did and she did it with grace and poise and great determination! We are so proud of our daughter, Dr. Mary Kate Stringer!

No comments: