Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I had a great news day!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I cant tell you how much all of your thoughts and prayers have meant to me in the past couple of months! I have had a really hard time dealing with all of this health stuff-- Now the good news. God has seen fit to answer our prayers in a great way.
I went to my long awaited Rheumatologist appointment today... He took a very very detailed history and did a good physical exam of my hands, and skin. Just for the record I found him a pretty strange individual ---he had a disconcerting habit of rolling his eyes so only the white part showed and talking with his eyes closed---- little strange but anyway.... his initial impression is that I do not have scleroderma YEAH!!!!!!
he says that despite my positive SCL-70 and all he thinks it is a false positive!!!!! he says it doesn't happen too often so I am hopeful. He also said with my symptoms – if 'someone held a gun to my head and said 'you have to give me a diagnosis for Brenda right this second what is it?” I would say she has sjogren;s disease”. now like I explained to my brother Sjogren's is not the best thing to have but it is a heck of a bunch better than Scleroderma! Sorta like they are the same family but Sjogren's is Scleroderma's younger weaker baby brother. They are both auto immune problems-- but I am probably not going to die from Sjogren's.
Now he did say that I could have primary Sjogren's and secondary lupus or sclero starting up-- but at this moment in time he does not think I have sclero and defiantly don't have Rheumatoid Arthritis (my mom had this) So tomorrow I start a new drug tomorrow that is kinda bad for eyes but at least in the next couple of months I should start to feel better. Maybe back to my old self 9who remembers what that is???)
Anyway---for this moment in time-- I am going with the probability that I have Sjogren's and not scleroderma. PRAISE GOD-- and thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers!! It's a good day in my part of the world!!

http://www.sjogrens.org/

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Sounds very hopeful, and I am glad you are relieved!

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

That is great news! Always nicer to have something that medicine can help! :-)

Laurie said...

This is such wonderful news!!! I hope the new meds are working for you!! continued prayers will be said!!!