Saturday, January 3, 2009

cranberry relish

more cooking--- well this is just chopping but it is wonderful. I was only able to make this with my hubbys help. One handed cooking, typing and washing---well like I said-- makes me admire my mom all the more. Serve on top of warmed brie and crackers--yummmmmm

Cranberry Relish


Preparation time: 15 minutes.

Ingredients
2 cups washed raw cranberries
2 skinned and cored tart apples
1 large, whole (peel ON) seedless orange, cut into sections
1 to 2 cups granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you would like your relish to be) I use less


Grind all fruit If you don't have an old-fashioned grinder you can use a grinder attachment on a KitchenAid mixer, you can chop by hand (though that will take a lot of work), or you can chop in a food processor (be very careful not to over-pulse, or you'll end up with mush).

Mix in the sugar. Let sit at room temperature until sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes about 3 cups.

No comments: